With more and more businesses introducing their own affiliate marketing programs, affiliate marketing has grown to be a huge industry presenting several opportunities to make online income for affiliate marketers.
With these various affiliate marketing programs, you can make lots and lots of money, especially if you do the right thing and have top-notch marketing techniques up your sleeves.
A vendor or business that is running an affiliate marketing program sets the commission they will pay affiliates and the mode of payment. An affiliate network is a platform where affiliate marketers can find and join different businesses’ affiliate marketing programs to earn commissions. Affiliate networks are like mediators between businesses and affiliate marketers.
The next question is how do these affiliate networks link affiliate marketers and vendors? They do that in three simple steps as shown below.
1. They aggregate affiliate marketing offers from different businesses, companies or vendors
2. They then create a kind of search or directory for affiliate marketers to find offers
3. Lastly, they handle the administrative duties of running an affiliate network, including registering members, paying members’ commission, etc.
With the various affiliate marketing programs that could be available on an affiliate network, it is always a herculean task for affiliate marketers to choose the best one for themselves. This is particularly the case for people who are just starting out in affiliate marketing. There is no clear-cut procedure to follow when it comes to choosing the best affiliate marketing program, however, depending on your affiliate marketing idea, you could easily choose the program or programs that best suits your interest and needs.
I have presented some affiliate networks that make it possible for marketers to key into the affiliate marketing programs of several businesses. I also talked about the pros and cons of each one to help you make an informed decision before choosing anyone
Clickbank is an affiliate network that aggregates thousands of affiliate marketing programs from different companies. There are chances that you have heard of Clickbank before. With the network connecting more than 100,000 affiliates with the affiliate marketing programs of more than 15,000 vendors, it is unarguably one of the largest affiliate networks in the world today.
Though the network has their own faults, they have a good reputation for on-time payment of their affiliates. I’ll quickly point out the cons and pros of Clickbank affiliate network below.
1. The simple fact that Clickbank has a large pool of vendors on their network is a major advantage on its own. What this means is that you can always find a product to market to promote. In fact, there are products for virtually every niche on Clickbank. All you need to do is to browse through the different categories on Clickbank and choose the products that will interest your audience.
2. Clickbank offers high commission: although Clickbank doesn’t have a say on the amount that vendors choose to pay as commission, the commissions that vendors pay affiliates on Clickbank is generally high.
3. Getting into Clickbank is easy. They have a cool dashboard that you won’t have a hard time maneuvering your way around. You also don’t need to worry about the administrative duties, as Clickbank takes care of that. All you need to do is to visit the website, browse through the different categories and choose a product that interests you and start promoting.
4. Weekly payments which come in every Wednesday. They are two weeks out; namely, you get the money that you earned during the first week after two weeks. After this, payments proceed monthly in a very timely (and predictable fashion).
Despite the many pros of Clickbank, it still has its own cons, some of them are as shown below.
1. You could have a hard time choosing the right product to promote. Clickbank’s wide range of products also includes lots of junk digital products and spam digital guidebooks. So choosing the best products to market that won’t dent your reputation is important and can be tasking and confusing considering the wide variety of products on Clickbank.
2. You could face steep competition from other affiliates. Since there are many vendors and affiliates on the network, you need to have superior marketing tactics to be able to move above the competition especially for products that offer real value.
In all, Clickbank is a good network, but you must be ready to work hard if you want to make serious money from the different affiliate marketing programs on the network especially if you are a newbie.
Just like Clickbank, JVZoo makes it easy for affiliate marketers to key into the affiliate programs of different businesses. You get lots of digital products that you can market on your website to earn a commission. Depending on your performance, you could get paid instant commissions by promoting any of the products in the JVZoo marketplace.
1. With JVZoo, you have more digital products to make money.
2. If you are put on instant commission by a vendor, you can get paid straight away once someone buys the product you are promoting.
3. JVZoo integrates autoresponders on their platform, meaning that you don’t have to worry about third party sales tools.
1. Unless a vendor puts you on instant commission, you will always have to wait for a minimum of 30 days to receive your commissions. You need to exceed a certain number of sales for a vendor to put you on instant commission.
2. Unlike Clickbank where you would just browse through categories, choose a product and start promoting, you would have to seek permission from a vendor on JVZoo before you can promote their product. Though the acceptance rate is usually high, almost 99% of all requests, that time you would have to wait for approval is enough time that shouldn’t be wasted. Time is money.
MOBE runs a different model of affiliate marketing program from the one run by the other two networks described above. MOBE is an acronym for My Online Business Education, and their affiliate marketing programs allow you to earn huge commissions ranging from $4.95 up to $13,500 per sale when you introduce people to their large and growing selection of business training products and events.
Joining MOBE’s affiliate marketing program is pretty easy, all you need to do is sign up as an affiliate, then obtain your affiliate link from your personal back office, share your link with your audience, and get paid every two weeks for any sales that were generated from your links.
When you join MOBE’s affiliate marketing program, you join a community of other affiliate marketers where you could share ideas and work together as a team to make money.
MOBE business education packages are usually expensive, and it can be hard to get people to buy the products so that you could, in turn, earn a commission.
Affiliate marketing niche ideas
The niche you choose to promote can make or mar your affiliating marketing endeavor. If you don’t choose a profitable niche, you will be frustrated out of affiliate marketing. But if your niche is a hot one, you are guaranteed of making lots of money from affiliate marketing programs.
But one problem is that there are many niches such that choosing a nice one could be a Herculean task, especially for the newbie affiliate marketer.
In the real sense, no niche is explicitly greater than the other; however, there are a lot of metrics that combine to make a particular niche more significant than the other. There are those niches that will make you a lot of money in the short term because they have a large following and there are those that will never go out of style because they are always relevant.
List of evergreen niches
1. Health and wellness: remember what they say about health? It is wealth. Hence, people will always spend money on their health. Popular sub niches under health and wellness include weight loss programs and exercises for abs, etc.
2. Wealth and money: Remember those “get rich quick” and “work at home” concepts? You would be surprised at the number of people that patronize them. People are always seeking in one or the other ways to better their financial lots and will spend huge amounts to achieve that purpose making the niche an evergreen one.
3. Romance – all those dating tips, marriage counseling, tips for a better sex life, etc. They all sell well.
List of Hobby and activities niches
1. Gaming – gaming forums, online gambling, top free stream games, etc.
2. Hobby: staunch hobbyists can spend any amount just to make sure that they get their hobby kits. So the niche sells well.
No matter the niche you choose, hard work is what is required to excel in affiliate marketing. There are also lots of affiliate marketing programs and networks you can choose from. Try your hands on as many as possible until you choose the ones to stick to.
Email Marketing by TrafficWave.net
Your email will not be shared with anyone. Your privacy and satisfaction is important to me.