Things you can do with display ads
Below are ways you can use display ads to your advantage.
1. Can be used as a remarketing tool
Let’s assume you have an e-commerce platform, and a visitor once visited, added some items to cart without checking them out, you can use display ads to remind the visitor that they have some unfinished business with you even when they've left your website for other sites. This may sound strange to you, but website cookies actually do store visitors’ information and display ads normally use this information to trace website visitors anywhere on the web.
One good thing about using display ad as a remarketing tool is that it can help you serve an advertisement to your visitors across different devices and networks. For example, a user might visit your site on their mobile phone and later could see your ad on his Facebook timeline, twitter feed or other platforms where ads are displayed while they are browsing on desktop. That is one of the beauties of display advertising.
Have you ever browsed through different products on Amazon and proceeded to log in to your Facebook account only to see ads on your timeline for the same products you searched on Amazon? That’s Amazon trying to remarket a product to you through display ads.
2. Can be used to inform and remind
You can also use display ads to inform and remind your site visitors of other desirable actions you would love them to take following their previous activities on your site. A site visitor who just bought an Android device may not remember immediately that he needs a Bluetooth earpiece to enjoy hands-free entertainment. You can use display advertising to inform and remind these clients that there are some other accessories that they could find useful for their new device. You can also use it to remind customers of improved versions of products or services they purchased from your site in times past. Consider that you are selling a software product, you can always use display ad to remind clients who bought earlier versions of the software about the latest versions of the same product, thus driving up sales.
3. Upsell current customers
The mechanism is same as explained above.
Advantages of using display ads
Below are some cons of display advertising.
1. Lower click-through rate (CTR): unlike search ads, display ads have lower click through rates. Most times, users don’t pay attention to display ads, some others block them out rightly, hence, reducing their click-through-rates.
2. Lower conversions: display ads’ lower click through rates also means lower signups and sales. If users see your ad on display networks when they are not actively searching for your product or service, they may not pay attention to it. If selling high volumes is your target, then display ads may not be for you. They are more suitable for those targeting long sales.
3. Ad avoidance: even though you may get high impressions with display ads, there is no guarantee that users will pay attention to your ads. Some users also see display ads as annoying and use ad blocking tools to stop seeing themHow are display ads charged?
Display ads can be charged on a cost per click (CPC) or cost per thousand impressions (CPM) basis. The average cost per thousand impressions for display ads is $2.80.
Email Marketing by TrafficWave.net
Your email will not be shared with anyone. Your privacy and satisfaction is important to me.